- 6m x 3m with 3m x 3m covered with IBR roof sheeting.
- Designed to house up to 10 calves up to 8 weeks old
- Goes hand-in-hand with the Milk bar feeder (hyperlink) to make feeding quick and easy.
- Comes with 3 half-drums to provide feed, hay and water for calves from the very beginning.
- Being on grass is kinder to calves’ limbs and allows early rumen development as calves start nibbling grass from a young age.
- Moving the pen twice a day 30 minutes after a feeding removes the need for bedding or cleaning of the pen, as the sun sterilises the ground and the calf manure fertilises the grass so that it is better than before when the pen returns after 10 days.
- Group rearing increases stamina of calves due to healthy competition and also allows for easy detection of sick calves as they will behave differently from their peers.
- The half roof and tarpaulins give protection from the elements, but calves also have the option to be in the sun, so they get plenty of vitamin D and the sun sterilises any bacteria that may be on them.
- An optional Clean and Fresh Water System (hyperlink) can be bought with the M.A.R.S to make it easier to provide clean and fresh water throughout the day, and free up another half drum for meal or hay.
- The M.A.R.S is very easy to move with broad wheels that will not get stuck in the mud. Breaks can also be place at the front wheels so the M.A.R.S can be used on a slope.
- The M.A.R.S is available galvanized or non-galvanized, according to your requirements.
Calf Standard Pen
The standard M.A.R.S pen is a mobile calf pen made to house 10 calves up to 8 weeks old. The pen should be moved twice a day after feeding calves with a milk bar feeder, and the same position resumed only after 10 days. The M.A.R.S pen, run correctly, lowers mortalities, improves growth rates and allows calves to develop social skills, whilst lowering costs and time taken to look after calves for the farmer.
|Dimensions||610 × 310 × 200 cm|